The Food Strategy for Limerick 2016–2018 is a plan to develop and enhance Limerick’s reputation for outstanding food and drink by supporting Limerick’s food and drink producers.
By informing, educating and marketing all things Limerick food and drink, the Food Strategy for Limerick aims to encourage, support and develop the rural and urban food scene in Limerick.
- Develop stronger, more resilient food enterprises
- Help start up food and drink businesses
- Increase the national supply of Limerick produce
- Increase the export of produce from Limerick
- Increase visits to Limerick for food experiences
- Increase local patronage of our restaurants, cafes, and hospitality services
- Increase innovation in the local food economy
- Encourage more local food businesses to offer healthy options
- Establish a network of food leaders to connect all aspects of Limerick food
- Develop a strong reputation for Limerick as a sophisticated food processing, retail and tourism destination
- Increase opportunities for jobs in the food industry
- Increase opportunities for local food processors
Working together is essential to the success of the Food Strategy for Limerick 2016–2018. Commissioned in 2015 by Limerick City and County Council and LEO Limerick, a steering group representing all key players in the Limerick food and drink industry has been tasked to ensure the strategy aims are achieved.
We all have our part to play in putting Limerick on the map as a place of origin and destination for superb food and drink.
We want everyone and anyone with a stake or interest in the Limerick food and drink industry to get involved so this can be an inclusive and cooperative process.
If you wish to get involved please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Local Enterprise Office, Limerick on +353 61 557 499